Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Top Five...

I tend to have interests that go in waves and those waves are usually pretty big and pretty intense. I dive in head first and whatever has peaked my interest can't run or hide. I will research, purchase, gather, research some more and try and try again until I either perfect it, get over it or get distracted from it. I should have a bumper sticker that states "Shiny things distract me."

A lot of things have been on my top 5 interests. Soap... Yep, it was there and we all pretty much know what happened with that. And that one has kept the top 5 list pretty short, if not even nonexistent for a while. But it's back and it's better than ever.

I'll introduce you to the list as it grows, and I'll even warn you that it may or may not contain 5 at any given moment. But until then, here are some items that have made the list in the past and what has happened to them.

Screen Printing - oh I could print t-shirts, stationery, soap labels... I bought the kit. Let's just say I still have the kit and, well, I still have the kit.

Knitting - you may know this is what got me into soap. I taught myself to knit, but could only knit rectangles. One only needs so many scarves so I had to switch my hobby focus (enter soap.). Ironically enough I'm back to knitting and I'm still not good at it. But I got a new coat and I need a new scarf.

Sewing - I got the machine, a bunch of patterns and even the fabric. I'm all setup ready to sew my first stitches. Here I go, there a little crooked but they'll work. Enter Damyn. Here, let me show you. I haven't touched the sewing machine since. D is the sewer in this family.




Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment