Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Introducing a Top 5: Chickens

As if you didn’t see this one coming!  I have to blame it on our neighbors and they’re free-to-range in our yard chickens to put me over the edge.  They are so much fun to watch, and I really don’t mind them as an alarm clock.  From research (I told you I like to do my research) I have found that they can make good pets, can help with pest control & can even make you breakfast (that one I didn’t have to look-up.)

coop from Design SpongeFor me it all started last September with this posting on the Design*Sponge Blog.  And even more so this picture…  Yes, it is an adorable coop with an even more amazing roof made of succulents (spoiler alert… they may or may not be in an upcoming top 5.)  Leave it to me for my obsession of chickens to begin with their packaging (a little known fact is that more than a couple of our products have been created to fill awesome containers that I have found.)

What I didn’t realize is that there are a whole lot of people like me being intrigued by chickens these days, and they’re not all chicken farmers.  Backyard flocks are more popular than ever.  And of course, there are a ton of websites out there.  I’ve used Backyard Chickens to help with flock selection & coop designs (which you’ll see more of… I promise.)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment